Use the Library
What you can borrow
Library members can borrow up to 12 items, in any format, for a period of 4 weeks.
To borrow items you must present your current Library card.
Most items from the Library can be renewed once, for a further 4 weeks.
Renew an item online via the Library Catalogue or Contact Us.
Items cannot be renewed online when they:
- are overdue
- have been requested by another library member
- have been renewed previously (as each item may only be renewed once)
- are DVDs (DVDs may not be renewed)
However, there may be the possibility to renew overdue items by contacting the Library.
For more information on renewing items visit the How to Renew Items page.
Fine for overdue items
An overdue fee is charged at 20 cents per day per item (applicable from close of business on the due date) to a maximum of $5 per item.
Lost or Stolen Library Card
If your card is lost or stolen, notify the Library immediately to avoid unauthorised use of your card.
A replacement fee of $6.50 applies to lost or damaged membership cards.
Returning items after hours
You can return items after hours via the Library's 'After Hours Return Chute', accessible via the upstairs carpark. When using the 'After Hours Return Chute' you should note that to avoid a fine, items must be returned before close of business on the date they are due.
How to use the After Hours Returns Chute
- Place your Library card barcode or the item's Library barcode (usually located on the cover or on the first inside page - note it is not the ISBN barcode on the back of the book) facing upwards under the red beam.
- You will hear a beep.
- Place all your items for return into the chute when the door opens (Note: they don't need to be placed in one item at a time).
An example of the Library barcode which will open the Chute.
An example of the ISBN barcode which won't open the Chute.
If you have any questions on how to use the 'After Hours Return Chute' please ask a Library staff member for a demonstration.